Tuesday, May 22, 2012

And so it begins...

I've been thinking about doing this for a long time (blogging, that is).  Everyone else is doing it, and clearly that means I should, too.  Uhh, okay, so that's not actually the reason I finally decided to sit down and do it.  Obviously it's because I have oodles of free time that needs to be filled since I have a nearly 4 year old, a just-turned-2 year old, and, as of yesterday, a 7 week old.  Obviously.

Really, it's because I'm a mother of three littles who make me laugh, cry, love more than I thought humanly possible, crazier than I thought humanly possible, smile so much it hurts, and, at the end of every day, leave me completely in awe of this amazing blessing I get to call my family and life.  And I need to share that.  For all the moms out there who feel alone in their bad days, and burst at the seams with joy over the good days and just need to share it all with someone... I'm right there with you.

I can't tell you how many times I've had the urge to post something mushy and insanely proud-mama-ish on facebook, only to stop myself because I don't want to force all my mushy-mama-ish-ness on all my facebook friends.  Sure, they could ignore it or hide me from their newsfeed if they don't want to read that kind of stuff and hear all about my kids and how I will never, ever tire of kissing baby cheeks... or toddler cheeks, for that matter, but those tend to be more mobile, and thus harder to smooch excessively (my considered facebook status this morning.  Aren't you glad I have self control?).  But I don't want to make my facebook friends feel the need or want to hide me and my mama-comments if they aren't into that kind of mama-ish-ness (yes, I like to make up words and use dashes ridiculously, so what?).  I figured with a blog, reading is voluntary-- you can read my mushy-mama-posts only if you want...  all one of you who will actually read this (Hi, Mom!).

I also have those terrible, horrible, no good, very bad days that make me want to move to Australia, and on those days, I feel like the only mom in the world who has children who would dare to behave this way, or who could manage to spill ten different things on the carpet I just cleaned, or drop screws from the disassembled vacuum into the wall heater right as I was ready to put them back into the vacuum while holding the various hoses and plates into place with my various appendages (yes, it happened, and yes, I'll post the story-- you know you're intrigued.  Oh wait, I already sent you that story, huh, Mom?).  But I can't possibly be the only mom who feels that way or has those kinds of days.  In fact, I know I'm not, because I have a couple of great mom-friends who, on the occasions we get to talk, say the most wonderful words to me:  "I understand!  I remember when my kids... (insert awesomely awful "you-can't-help-but-laugh-because-if-you-don't-you'll-have-to-cry" story here)."   It never ceases to amaze me what a difference knowing that someone else has been there too can make.

So, other Mamas, I understand.  I've been there, too.  Well, at least if your children are under the age of four, I do, and I probably have. ;)



4 comments:

  1. Oh, yay, can't wait to see what you write about! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I almost burnt my dinner because I was so engrossed in reading your blog. Love it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your style of writing, and have subscribed to keep up with your lovely family :-)

    ReplyDelete